Thursday, October 30, 2008

Another bad day...

So I am going to step over that blog line and be totally and brutally honest. Today, already, at eight o'clock in the morning has already turned into yet another bad day. Sure I am wallowing this morning. Yes, I know for those of you who read this, I may even get a bunch of, "It will get better, chin up, Keep your eyes on Jesus," comments. Yes, I know there are others out there who are having worse days than I am. My bad day is just a little speck in the spectrum of badness.

The truth is, this morning, I am not sure really how I will handle those realities. For I am tired. I am tired of bad days. It reminds my of my favorite children's book, "Alexander and the terrible,horrible, no good , very bad day." It is all about how there is a day in the life of this life boy Alexander and nothing seems to ever go right. His brother gets the toy out of the cereal box, he has to buy ugly shoes at the shoe store because all the "cool" ones in his size are out, his Mom forgets a treat in his lunch box and so the list goes on and on. It is sad when you feel like your day has reached this potential, before it has even begun.

Yet, this is where I sit this morning. Honestly, happy to wallow in the depths of my own idiotic ramblings. What has gone so bad you might ask? Unfortunately, it is the worst kind of bad day. The one when you have been chipped away at until you have nothing left. The one where it is the same old stuff you deal with every other day, you are just exhausted with it.

At the end of Alexander's meanderings, he crawls into bed thankful that tomorrow is a new day. I think that is where I am at now. I will be thankful when it is a new day. Thankful that Christ does love me, even in the midst of all of this.. Thankful to be reminded that I am supposed to keep my mind on things "above" and not on earthly things... Thankful that in the end my feelings are really not what makes the world go around.

This morning I just might have my little temper tantrum. I might swing my fists at the air and rage out against my bad day. I might step back and realize I need to be sensitive to others with the bad days... I am sure there is a lesson in this somewhere... Truthfully, it is comforting to know tomorrow will be different. But, it is more comforting to know I have a God who cares I am having a bad day. My day might still be bad in the end, but with Christ holding my hand it really is how you look at it...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all have those. Hope it gets better and something special and unexpected comes tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

YUP. Had one of those this week. And it sucked.

The RockStar said...

Chin up, God doesn't give us more than we can handle, tomorrow's another day, Bless your little heart!